The Licensed Lay Ministry Program is a new initiative to strengthen and equip lay leaders in three areas of training and licensing:
- License A: Leading public worship in Morning and Evening Prayer
- License B: Administering Reserved Sacrament to the Public (and, with permission of the Bishop, at parish services)
- License C: Preaching
To find out if you might need a license for your ministry, see the document below, "Do I Need a License?"
The Calgary School for Mission and Ministry (CSMM) is the training arm of the Licensed Lay Ministry Program.
- Starting this Fall, we will open applications for the Licensed Lay Ministry Program and the School. Below, you will find several editions of the CSMM Newsletter which give you the most current updates.
How do I get licensed?
If you feel called to become a Licensed Lay Minister in one (or several) of these licenses, here's what you can do to get ready:
- Discover if you need to be licensed for your ministry/ministries by reading, "Do I Need A License?" found below
- If so, read the Licensed Lay Ministry Program Guidebook.
- Ask your Parish Council to complete the Parish Discernment Form (LLM-PD-2019) at a meeting.
- Complete the Alban Ministry Specialties Test.
These forms are available below.
- Get a current Police Check with a vulernable sector check.