Application Forms & Process
How Do I Get Licensed?
If you feel called to become a Licensed Lay Minister in one (or several) of these licenses, here's what you can do to get ready:
- Discover if you need to be licensed for your ministry/ministries by reading, "Do I Need A License?" found below.
- Read the Licensed Lay Ministry Program Guidebook.
- Ask your Parish Council to complete the Parish Discernment Form at a meeting.
- Complete the Alban Ministry Specialties Test.
These forms are available on the "Overview" Page - see the left hand bar.
- Get a current Police Check with a vulnerable sector check.
The following steps will be available as of October 1:
- Download the Application Form from this page.
- Complete Sections 1 & 2. Send all materials to the Registrar of the Calgary School for Mission and Ministry by email.
- Give Section 3 to your Parish Council. Ask them to complete it and send it directly to the Registrar via email.
- Give Section 4 to a Priest who knows you. Ask them to complete it and send it directly to the Registrar via email.
The Registrar, Carol Tubman, will be in touch once she receives all your application materials, and she'll guide you through the next steps.