APPLICATIONS NOW AVAILABLE!
Here's how you get licensed:
- Confirm that you actually need to be licensed by reading, "Do I Need A License?" found below. The Licensed Lay Ministry Program is NOT a continuation of Licensed Lay Readers - you may not need a license to continue your ministries at all.
- Download the Parish Discernment Form below. Give it to your Parish Council to complete during a meeting. Note that this form isn't just about your ministry - it is about the Parish's ministry needs more generally.
- Download the Application Form below.
- Complete Section 1 & write the essays required in Section 2.
- Complete the Alban Ministry Specialties Test.
- Get a current Police Check with a vulnerable sector check.
- Send all your materials to the Registrar of the Calgary School for Mission and Ministry (address on the forms).
- Download Section 3 of the Application Form below, and give it to your Parish Council. Ask them to complete it (without you being present) and send it directly to the Registrar via email.
- Download Section 4 of the Application Form below, and give it to a Priest who knows you. Ask them to complete it and send it directly to the Registrar via email.
The Registrar, Carol Tubman, will be in touch once she receives all your application materials, and she'll guide you through the next steps.