This church was built in 1896, on open land in the Turner Valley oil field. The Church structure is very unusual in that it was constructed of logs placed vertically rather than horizontally. There is also a cemetery and a Church Hall on the property.
Christ Church is named after Jesus of Nazareth, whom by his crucifixion and resurrection, we are saved! He has become the author of our salvation and our sins have been forgiven by his sacrifice. Each through him we have the promise of forgiveness and the hope of glory in eternal life! Each Sunday, the day of resurrection, we celebrate the good news (gospel) of Jesus Christ.